Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Crows Are Back!

For the almost two years I have been living at my place now, there has been a group of crows on the trees in front of my windows. A lot of them, like 20 or so. But this summer they vanished and I lost this great view of mine. I missed the black creatures and was wondering where the hell are they?

Tippi Hedren & the Raven, not a Crow --->

Last weekend they came back - with their offspring, apparently. There´s again this silly knocking on my roof when the birds are exploring the grill, insulation plates, terrace furniture and the succulent plants growing between the stones. And they do it well - found yesterday half of the plants uprooted, some of them on the edge of the outer walls and even stones being lifted up to the edges. And they overnight in the trees in front of my windows. Think about leafless trees, filled with black birds on a winter frost morning... COOL!

Crows are considered to be a bad omen? They are not. They are clever and very handsome birds with gorgeous looks. Welcome back, my darlings!

Alfred - you should have shot the film on my roof with Crows instead!

No comments: