Thursday, March 06, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Encouraged by the Hand Wash Bulletin the other day, Mooses decided to give it a try. During afternoon coffee break time I entered the Gents at the office with The Number 1 in mind. After the relieving operation, according to the famous bulletin it is time to wash your hands.

Watering my hands, squeezing some soap from the handy wall mounted dispenser on them and starting the processing phase; for 20 seconds... Safety first and timing is essential - singing "Happy Birthday" twice and scrubbing like a Maniac!

<--- Mooses scrubbing vigorously

If Mooses had good singing voice, there would already be a Christmas Album with Kiri te Kanawa: "Joyous Christmas Moments with Mooses and an Aboriginal". But no, Mooses was not blessed with that, but with countless other admirable and rare skills.


*scrub, scrub* "Happy Birthday to Me, *scrub* Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday Dear Myself, *scrub, scrub* Happy Birthday to Me! *scrub, scrub, scrub - deep breath* Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me, *scrub* Happy Birthday Dear Mooses, Happy Birthday to Me!" *final scrub*

And so true, my hands turned out incredibly clean. Wonderful! Even if I forgot to use the paper towel, which I used to dry my operating-theater-qualified hands, to close the faucet and open the door out, I felt like Million Dollars! (not much to brag about in Euro's nowadays.)

Tad of hygienic moisturizer with mild self-tanning effect would seal the success nicely. But why did I get all those looks?


"Happy Birthday to me???" --->

Maybe I should have used the version from movie Madagascar ending: "... You look like a Monkey, and you smell like one, too!"


This must be explored further: it is Friday tomorrow, so will bring some germicidal hand wash gel and a timer to the office and test which gives better results: using a timer - or singing 1,5 times "Happy Birthday".

Mooses says: Sing if you're glad to be Gay! (Tom Robinson, 1978)

No comments: